Featured here is the Discovery Air Canadair Sabre 5 (1954), which flew early in the Cold and Korenan Wars to battle against Russian MiGs. With a wingspan of 37 feet and an Orenda Series 14 Turbojet, the Sabre 5 not only looks forceful in the sky, but it sounds incredibly powerful too as its thrust pounds through the exhaust system. What a deep, heart pounding sound! The “Golden Hawks” were created in 1959 to honour the 50th anniversary of powered flight in Canada and the Vintage Wings of Canada Sabre wears the same metallic gold paint scheme to celebrate the 100th anniversary of flight in 2009. An all out beauty to photograph in the skies. These facts, and many other interesting points about Canada’s war time aviation history, can be found at: www.vintagewings.ca
- My New Website is on the way!
- NPSIA Soirée, 2018
- McMillan Holiday Party | Ottawa
- MBA Games 2018
- MBA Games 2018 | With Paul and Raven Lacerte
- MBA Games 2018 | Keynote from The Right Honourable David Johnston
- Family Portraits | Autumn colours
- The Lantern Room | National Arts Centre
- Forillon National Park | Canada 150+
- First Minsters’ Meeting with the Premiers of Canada | Ottawa 2017
Blog Prints for SaleWould you like to order a print from something you've seen on Jeffrey Meyer's blog? Then a quick call to 613-769-9451 is all that is needed to get your request started. Jeffrey would be delighted to hear from you, and of course thank you for respecting his labour of love and copyright.