Early this morning I woke up to the sound of my telephone ringing, a putrid smell of smoke, and a lot of flashing red and white lights emanating from outside my living room window. Once I realized what had been going on I dashed to my window to see what I could see – my neighbour’s house had caught on fire! My adrenalin began pumping immediately, so I threw on my jacket and a pair of jeans, ran out the door, and asked the first police officer I saw if my neighbours were OK. I kept thinking to myself: I hope they made it out ok, I hope they had a fire alarm with good batteries to wake them up. Once I learned that everyone was believed OK, I ran for my camera and began taking a few pictures of some amazing Ottawa firefighters working hard to control the fire literally outside my front door. This picture was published on CBC News Ottawa, and for more media details on the lives this fire impacted, click here. Yet another reminder to always be ready with fresh batteries (for smoke alarms and camera bodies!)
- My New Website is on the way!
- NPSIA Soirée, 2018
- McMillan Holiday Party | Ottawa
- MBA Games 2018
- MBA Games 2018 | With Paul and Raven Lacerte
- MBA Games 2018 | Keynote from The Right Honourable David Johnston
- Family Portraits | Autumn colours
- The Lantern Room | National Arts Centre
- Forillon National Park | Canada 150+
- First Minsters’ Meeting with the Premiers of Canada | Ottawa 2017
Blog Prints for SaleWould you like to order a print from something you've seen on Jeffrey Meyer's blog? Then a quick call to 613-769-9451 is all that is needed to get your request started. Jeffrey would be delighted to hear from you, and of course thank you for respecting his labour of love and copyright.