- I've created this portfolio to help you decide whether I'm the best wedding photographer in Ottawa for you.
- Throughout the past decade, I have photographed all kinds of wonderful weddings – including a few special moments during my own wedding day in 2015!
- So, you can count on me to photograph your major life moments with the same degree of passion and energy as I did for myself, and together we will absolutely enjoy creating all the memorable images you want!
A passionate wedding photographer
Who photographed his own wedding day
Featured here is a picture of me photographing my amazing wife - Stéphanie - on our wedding day!
As I created these pictures, it felt wonderful knowing that I could give my soulmate an enduring gift of photography — made by me — with the help of a tripod :).
A seasoned photographer
Ready, willing and able to work with any kind of weather — rain or shine, day or night.
- I have photographed wedding ceremonies in every season, and I love working with mother nature anytime of the year.
- If you're planning a winter wedding in Ottawa, then be sure to ask me about my grandma inspired tips and tricks to keep us warm and laughing out loud during our outdoor portraits.
Text place holder. Text place holder. Text place holder.
A thoughtful wedding photographer
With a discerning eye for seeing both the big picture and details wrapped in a moment
- I love being a wedding photographer, and photographing moments that shine with "in-to-me-see!"
- Whether it be through a kiss, an embrace, a dance, a dip, a joke, a poke, or just picking up your bride so that she doesn't have to walk through a puddle - there's no shortage of lovely moments to photograph during a wedding!
- Altogether, my photography style includes a nice blend of candid, composed and artistic images; working side-by-side with your ideas and offering plenty of my own to support you and exercise my creative license. I tend to prefer colour photographs a bit more than black-and-white, yet I'm comfortable with creating either.
- If you would prefer black and white tones, or sepia tones, then I can accommodate you.
- I tend to prefer a more natural look-and-feel, sometimes referred to as a photojournalistic approach, but I'm equally skillful in creating composite images and applying enhanced visual effects with Adobe Photoshop.
- If you would like to replicate a particular visual effect that you've seen, then let me know and we can try to accomplish it too!
- I like using every focal range between 11 mm and 400 mm. These days my work is increasingly using a 35 mm perspective, but once I get to know you and your preferences better, I can easily tailor my approach to accommodate your preferred viewing aspect.
- The Bottom line: My discerning eye will most certainly find and create meaningful memories for you, and if there's anything symbolic in the frame of a photo that you want me to equally profile, then I will integrate it as well - it's that simple!
A kiss overlooking Parliament Hill
A kiss under a veil
Forehead to forehead
A kiss at Major's Hill Park
A kiss in a corn field
A kiss on the golf course
A kiss on the dance floor
A kiss and dip
Posing next to rustic barn wood
Having fun on a swing
Leaving the church
Jumping for joy with groomsmen
Celebrating in the snow
A warm embrace on a winter day
In the rain
Playing with autumn leaves
With your family pet
Next to a river's edge
Intimate at the cottage lake
In each other's arms
The first kiss
One last look in the mirror
Putting on the dress
In each other's arms
Coming down the isle
Coming down the isle
Portraits by the water
A kiss on a bridge
At the marina
Cutting the cake
Sharing a moment on a bench
And, signing more papers :)
The rings being blessed
The ceremony, lighting of candles
The rings in a keepsake box
Putting on the rings
The rings on your fingers
Getting ready: Nails and Makeup
Group photos with the in-laws
The shoes and something blue
Putting on the boutonniere
Having fun on the dance floor
The types of weddings I have photographed
- I have photographed religious ceremonies that were officiated by childhood pastors.
- As a Roman Catholic, I am most familiar with the ceremonial traditions of Christian marriages, yet I would be honoured to photograph any other custom.
- I have photographed civil marriages at Ottawa City Hall that were officiated by justices of the peace.
- I have photographed countryside weddings, where the first kiss literally went "off with a bang" - a gun shot bang!
- I have photographed backyard weddings, and unique cultural practices where one couple literally "tied the knot" with a Scottish hand-fasting, and another used her garden to create the flower arrangements!
- I have photographed cottage weddings, where the bride and groom celebrated an intimate ceremony with friends and family by the water.
- I have photographed resort weddings, steeped in Canadian heritage !
City park weddings
- I have photographed weddings in city parks, where the bride did it her way by arriving on a bike and leaving on a tandem bike with her husband at the helm.
LGBT friendly wedding photographer
I genuinely respect everyone. Although I have yet to photograph an LGTB wedding, I would be honoured to do so. In the past, I have photographed other LGBT events in Ottawa, such as the Ottawa Gay Men's Chorus 25th Anniversary.
As a professional photographer, I carry business insurance that is fully underwritten by Desjardins. Did you know: Most wedding venues require that photographers carry business insurance to work on their private property. No worries for me or you, however, as I’m fully covered and ready to work anywhere.
A contract to protect our mutual interests
As a professional photographer, I use a wedding contract based on common, easy-to-read language that documents our mutual understandings on the goods and services to be rendered for a fee. Bottom line: You can trust me to perform my absolute best for you because that’s just how me and my camera click, and I'm proud to put that in writing!
Results matter, and I greatly value quality control processes in my workflow to produce both expected and consistent outcomes. The calibrated camera equipment that I'll be using to photograph your wedding, and the licensed software that I use behind-the-scenes, is top-of-the-line and professional grade quality for producing picture-perfect moments!
Quick turnaround service
My personal delivery service standard is to have all our pictures fully packaged and ready for you within 14 days of your wedding date (or sooner if humanly possible).
If you need a last-minute wedding photographer, and I'm available on the day of your wedding, then my camera and I are always ready to thrust into action at a moment's notice! If you're pinched for time, then call me direct at anytime: 613-769-9451