Throughout the past decade,
- I have photographed hundreds of events — big and small.
- My clients regularly convey their pleasure with my goods and services, as well as my work ethic in providing them. This is evidenced by their kind testimonials, positive word-of-mouth referrals, and loyal returns to hire me year-after-year for their photography needs.
- Most of my work is local — serving the Ottawa-Carleton and Outaouais region. Yet, on occasion, I also perform event photography across Canada (Vancouver, Toronto, Oshawa, Kingston, Montreal) for multi-national corporations. If you’re willing, then I’m able.
- If we’ve yet to work together, then please allow me to further demonstrate what I can do for you now.
One of my guiding mantras:
My photos of this CF-18 Hornet thrusting off a runway — and piloted by Captain Patrick Gobeil — perfectly defines my approach to photography, and how I put my passion into action with a ready, set, go mindset before a moment in time is gone.
I know how to visualize where the action will be, and react accordingly to make sure I’m in the “zone of maximum possibility” to capture it.
Once in position, I know how to analyze the lighting conditions available to me, and rapidly apply enduring principles of photography to calibrate my camera settings .
Once my camera settings are dialed in, my discerning eye and quick reflexes begin to click my camera into action, which can freeze motion at speeds up to 1/64,000ths of a second if needed — so, no event is too demanding for me and my gear!
One of the great powers of photography is that it can freeze a moment in time long after it is gone.
So, I especially love photographing one-time moments that so very often occur in my event photography work.
A few examples of how I photograph the ambiance of an event — with focus.
- Pictures of your keynote speakers presenting, gesturing, showing passion, and framing things up.
- Your esteemed guests delivering opening prayers, engaging the crowd, and creating a connection.
- Your event musicians and (national anthem) singers performing their art.
- Your entertainers — like comedians, gymnasts, swordsmen, can-can dancers — performing main attractions
- Your event coordinators and volunteers, as well as your workshop facilitators and trainers (in action).
- Your guests having a great time cheering, dancing, laughing out loud and taking selfies
- Team, group, and best buddy photos at your event - From spontaneous and fun to composed and polished
- People next to your event branding and retractable banners
- Media walls and red carpet photos of your guests arriving
- Event activation and engagement activities
- Conference posters and participant engagement
- Event décore, ligthing and room ambiance
Some of the many types of events I often photograph in Ottawa
Awards Ceremonies & Recognition Events
Graduation Ceremonies & Parties
University Alumni Events in Ottawa
Public Sector and Sponsorship Events
Company (Holiday) Parties
Corporate Retreats, Team Building
Company Product Launches
Grand Opening Events
Embassy, High Commission Events
Trade Shows and Deligations
Social Networking Events
Democracy & Political Events
Open House Events
New Year's Eve Parties
Wine Tasting Events
Public Festivals & Carnivals
LGBTQ Community Events
Community Concerts / Choirs
Charity Golf Tournament Events
Special Life Moments & Anniversaries
Holy Sacrament of Baptism